Join our Community in its new Home - The Datorama Trailblazer Community Group!

It's been an amazing 3 years coming together in this forum to collaborate, innovate, support, and inspire each other about our shared usage of Datorama. While this is not quite a goodbye, we are excited to announce that we are getting a fresh start in our new home within the Salesforce Trailblazer Community. We have a ton of fun new content planned and you may even see the revival of some of our most popular posts from the past few years.

We’ll be keeping this group around for a bit for you to peruse, but as of November 15, we will no longer be allowing new posts or comments. Be sure to join our new group at https://www.salesforce.com/success-datorama to keep the conversation going.

We can’t wait to see you there!

Filters within a Query - Rich Text/Custom Widget

Comments

• MarissbcMarissbc New YorkSYS_ADMIN IMG42
    Hi @HannahHutch

I am not sure if I am understanding the question correctly, but both the custom widget as well as rich text widgets support widget-level as well as page-level filtering on various dimensions.

To add a page-level filter on specific dimensions, simply apply the filter at the level of the page and then link the widget to this page-level filtering; To add a widget-level filter, follow the same process, except only after clicking no the widget itself add the dimension.  

Hi @HannahHutch

I have an idea!  You could create a filtered measurement and use that on a rich text widget. 

https://support.datorama.com/en/support/solutions/articles/4000085186-creating-filtered-measurements

Or apply the filter on the widget or the page-level! 

https://support.datorama.com/en/support/solutions/articles/4000136730-filters-deep-dive#link11

I have put some links up above to the relevant knowledge base articles.  Let me know if you need more help.

Thank you!
    Marissa

edited February 2021
    Hi @George_Enos

Within the widget-filter there is an option for filtering out "Not NaN" so I think that should hopefully help!

Let me know if there is something else that you are looking for!

Thank you!
    Marissa
  • jharrisjharris LondonSYS_ADMIN IMG42
    To do this you'll need to use a custom widget, with Javascript to insert data in the appropriate places. Unfortunately there's no other way.

That said, it looks like you're trying to replicate a specific table layout that was once achieved in another tool. I'd encourage you to instead embrace new ways of doing this - even if you do achieve what you want with a custom widget solution, it'll be so hard to maintain that it's not really worth it. A pivot table here will give you a slightly different layout (no transposed measurements), but ultimately will be much easier to set up and maintain.
    Hi @George_Enos

I hope you had a nice vacation!!

Another approach that I can see is filtering out the "NaN" values from the measurements themselves through calculated measurements and then adding these calculated measurements to the widget. 

So, depending on your current setup, something like:

Thank you!
    Marissa

Hi @George_Enos

I don't think it s possible to apply the filter in the query directly.

I think I know a way to clear the NaN values... can you try wrapping them in an IFERRROR() formula in calculated measurement?

IFERROR([TripAdvisorRatinghere], 0) 

See how that performs! 

And if any 0s come through, create a widget-level filter to filter out 0. 

Let me know how that goes!!
    Marissa

Hi @George_Enos

Yes, I am thinking you may have better results and a better output using a pivot table widget and more control over how the measurements and dimensions display/render.  I think the custom widget with the table uses a pretty generic query--and I don't know another way to filter it (other than filtered measurements and calculated dimensions) which have already been tried!

What are your other thoughts on visualizing? I do think a pivot table widget would work very well here because you can list out various dimensions as distinct rows (and it looks like you are using a variety of categories on the data) and a pivot table would do this well!   

I do have some code for stars if you are thinking to visualize the ratings! 

I would be happy to share how to build these out if that's of interest to you!

Marissa