Join our Community in its new Home - The Datorama Trailblazer Community Group!

It's been an amazing 3 years coming together in this forum to collaborate, innovate, support, and inspire each other about our shared usage of Datorama. While this is not quite a goodbye, we are excited to announce that we are getting a fresh start in our new home within the Salesforce Trailblazer Community. We have a ton of fun new content planned and you may even see the revival of some of our most popular posts from the past few years.

We’ll be keeping this group around for a bit for you to peruse, but as of November 15, we will no longer be allowing new posts or comments. Be sure to join our new group at https://www.salesforce.com/success-datorama to keep the conversation going.

We can’t wait to see you there!

Comments

• Hi @Tanvi ,

If you are going to use the ga:channelGrouping as a Main Entity Key, I would advise you to map it to the Web Analytics Site Key (which is the main entity key of the GA360 bucket).

Then create your TotalConnect data stream with Data Stream Type "Web Analytics", so that you can map the "channel field" again to the Web Analytics Site Key.

For more information on the mapping requirements and aggregations, please check our data model article:
    https://support.datorama.com/en/support/solutions/articles/4000085164-data-model

Let me know if you need anything else :)
  • Hi @Tanvi ,

There are two approaches that you can take. Either way, the most important thing to take into account is what is the relationship between the Profile Id and the channelGrouping. Since you are having aggregation issues, this means that for a single Profile Id you have more than 1 value of the channelGrouping. Therefore, you cannot "just" map it as an attribute of the Web Analytics Site key.

1) If you want to map it as an attribute of the Web Analytics Site Key, then you need to add the channelGrouping to it as well.
    Basically map:
    Web Analytics Site Key = Profile Id + channelGrouping
    Web Analytics custom attribute = channelGrouping
    This has to be the same for both data streams in order to harmonize the data correctly.

2) Only map the channelGrouping to a many to many entity in the Web Analytics bucket. Such entities in general are variables, creative, exchange, strategy.
    I would suggest if you choose this path:
    Creative Key = channelGrouping 

Let me know if you need anything else.