Join our Community in its new Home - The Datorama Trailblazer Community Group!

It's been an amazing 3 years coming together in this forum to collaborate, innovate, support, and inspire each other about our shared usage of Datorama. While this is not quite a goodbye, we are excited to announce that we are getting a fresh start in our new home within the Salesforce Trailblazer Community. We have a ton of fun new content planned and you may even see the revival of some of our most popular posts from the past few years.

We’ll be keeping this group around for a bit for you to peruse, but as of November 15, we will no longer be allowing new posts or comments. Be sure to join our new group at https://www.salesforce.com/success-datorama to keep the conversation going.

We can’t wait to see you there!

Creative Image Display

Comments

• MarissbcMarissbc New YorkSYS_ADMIN IMG42
    Hi @nbhatnagar !

I have an article published on how to show the top creatives using a custom widget which also shows how to create and sort them based on the top, second best, etc. 
    The article is based on creative from YouTube but the same approach can be used for Facebook creative as well. 

https://community.datorama.com/en/discussion/500/show-the-top-performing-youtube-videos-in-a-custom-widget#latest

Let me know if this is helpful or if you want I can take a deeper dive into your specific setup with Facebook!

Thank you,
    Marissa
    Hi @nbhatnagar !

Okay, yes, so from the API, find and isolate the link to the creative image coming in from Facebook, create a calculated dimension with this unique identifier and add and use it in custom widget.

I actually have a tutorial specifically for how to do this for Facebook which I attached.  Let me know if this helps; I didn't think of it sooner. 

If something does not make sense, let me know, so I can adjust and better help!
    Marissa
    @nbhatnagar
    I'm so happy you found those directives useful! Please email me with any questions and screenshots at [email protected] :)  Happy to help!
    Marissa
    @HannahHutch maybe you can try connecting to the DSP/Adserver using a TotalConnect data stream type, just to pull the images link as well as another field which you would then use for the joining logic on the original DSP/Adserver stream (maybe use campaign or media buy key).
    edited October 2020
    Hi @HannahHutch

Yes, so an approach in situations like this (when the image link itself is not workable) is to create a calculated dimension to build a functional URL.  Then use this calculated dimension in the widget. I have had to take a similar approach with Instagram links for example.

So, in this case, create the data stream with everything provided by the DCM API,  bringing in the fields for advertiserID and asset_name. Then, in a calculated dimension, write something like: 

var nameURL = "https://s0.2mdn.net/" + {AdvertiserID} +"/"+ {Asset_Name};&nbsp;<br>return nameURL;

And use this calculated dimension in the widget.

Let me know how it goes!