Join our Community in its new Home - The Datorama Trailblazer Community Group!

It's been an amazing 3 years coming together in this forum to collaborate, innovate, support, and inspire each other about our shared usage of Datorama. While this is not quite a goodbye, we are excited to announce that we are getting a fresh start in our new home within the Salesforce Trailblazer Community. We have a ton of fun new content planned and you may even see the revival of some of our most popular posts from the past few years.

We’ll be keeping this group around for a bit for you to peruse, but as of November 15, we will no longer be allowing new posts or comments. Be sure to join our new group at https://www.salesforce.com/success-datorama to keep the conversation going.

We can’t wait to see you there!

Working with Lifetime Metrics & aggregating them

Comments

• Dato_marioDato_mario SYS_ADMIN IMG42

Hello Oscar,

I normally solve this by sending a report with the dimensions I need into a new data stream and doing the daily delta (day minus the previous day) in that new data stream's mapping.

This allows me to store the added value onto a data model field and make its aggregation type to "SUM" which will work nicely with the non-Lifetime social metrics.

I prefer this approach over calculated measurements because it gives me more control over date ranges and formula options since I am essentially creating the table that I want via the report and operating on that versus a calculated measurement that will change and respond to a variety of factors such as the page/widget date range and filters.

• Alex_DeliyskyAlex_Deliysky RND_ADMIN IMG42
    edited May 2018

Hi @OscarJaderberg ,
    You can check my post in the Tips & Tricks Category on the topic - Here
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

• Alex_DeliyskyAlex_Deliysky RND_ADMIN IMG42
    edited May 2018

Just make sure that the report covers the entire date range of data.

• If you make the date range to be On-going with the first data date
    • Schedule the report to run after the original data stream
    • And select the New data stream to delete all data before reprocessing

The solution should be robust and automatic.
    One thing that can break the solution is if the Report gets too big to be retrieved by email (more than 7 MB).