It's been an amazing 3 years coming together in this forum to collaborate, innovate, support, and inspire each other about our shared usage of Datorama. While this is not quite a goodbye, we are excited to announce that we are getting a fresh start in our new home within the Salesforce Trailblazer Community. We have a ton of fun new content planned and you may even see the revival of some of our most popular posts from the past few years.
We’ll be keeping this group around for a bit for you to peruse, but as of November 15, we will no longer be allowing new posts or comments. Be sure to join our new group at https://www.salesforce.com/success-datorama to keep the conversation going.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Activation Center Use Case Library: Benchmarking Against a Main KPI
For a general overview on Action Rules and Actions, please use the resources below. For this and all examples, I will just be showcasing the Action Rule in use.
Creating an Action Rule
For an overview of Action Rules, check out the Knowledge Base article here.
Creating an Action
For an overview of Actions, check out the Knowledge Base article here.
We have also introduced new Activations. You can read about those here.
And with our new connector on your dashboard pages, be sure to check out how Slack can be used for actions, too!
Our first use case: Benchmarking Against a Main KPI
Use Case: if you have a main KPI that you monitor, you can set up an alert to know whenever performance falls outside your expected values/benchmark.
- Define the KPI: select the KPI you are trying to monitor
- Define the Operator: are you trying to monitor if the measurement is above, below, equal to your benchmark? Choose the right operator accordingly.
- Define the Benchmark: input your KPI benchmark
- Define the Dimension (optional): is your benchmark at the Placement level? The Campaign? Overall? If overall, leave this section blank. Otherwise, input the relevant dimensional value.
- Define the Time Period: is your KPI monitored on a weekly basis? Is it for the entire flight period? Define that period here.
You can also use the Filter to refine the results that are returned. This is helpful if your benchmarks are different per Entity (e.g. Campaign A has Benchmark A, while Campaign B has Benchmark .